Park Date - Mom Fail
Given that I have some flexibility in my schedule, I try to pick Shelby up a little bit early most days and then do a fun activity with her several days a week. My friend told me about a new park with tons of ducks, so I thought I would give it a whirl. Well, things did not turn out as planned....
As promised, there were tons of hungry ducks. In fact, they were so hungry that one waddled right up to Shelby and grabbed some bread out of her little hand when she was not looking. In the process, the duck bit Shelby's finger. Oh the scream! Poor thing was scared and hurting. The nip was not too bad, but it did break the skin. I imagine she will now be scared of ducks for years to come. #momfail
After Shelby gifted her remaining bread to other park-goers, we had a "picnic" in the (ahem, wet!) grass. Needless to say, things did not exactly go to plan, but a memory none the less!
No comments:
Post a Comment