Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Being Big Sister

The first three questions I get these days are....How is the baby? Are you getting any sleep? And how is Shelby doing? The first two are easy to answer, but the last question is a little more complicated. Shelby is ok....not great, but not bad. She has good days and bad days. She LOVES "Sissy" and takes immense pride in being a Big Sister. She wants to change diapers, hold her, help with her binky and races to Sienna's side at the first sign of unrest. She is not, however so keen on me and sometimes forgets all about her "listening ears." It is nothing for me to have to ask her to do something five times nowadays before I gain her attention.

Am I worried? No. Does it break my heart? Yes. I was so sensitive to this before Sienna's arrival. It is no surprise that she does best with an abundance of attention and things to work toward, but it certainly adds some extra stress. One thing that has improved a GREAT deal in the last four weeks is bed time. She is (mostly) going down without a fight and it allowing us to close her door. She knows that her Sissy's cries at night will wake her up. All that said, I am so proud of my sweet Shelby Pie and reassure her day in, and day out that I have plenty of love for both she and her little sister.

Here are some cute photos of Shelby trying to make Sienna happy by surrounding her with baby toys :)







No comments:

Post a Comment