What I Did Not Expect
I expected a natural delivery to be painful. To be intense. I expected to fall in love with my sweet baby girl, the moment I laid eyes on her. What I did not expect, however was to leave the hospital with a black eye and a gash on my cheek bone. I was quite the sight.
I delivered Sienna and was moved upstairs to the recovery room, where I stayed for the next couple of days. It was about 1 a.m. and I had to use the restroom for the first time since having the baby. I stood up....went to the bathroom.....walked to the sink....called for Jack and then CRASH. Next thing I knew, I was on the ground with blood in my preiphral vision, not knowing exactly how I got there. I fainted and WOW - did my face hurt. Jack hollered for help and the hospital staff was very alamared. They asked if I fainted often and of course, I said no. They told me not to go to the restroom my myself moving forward. No problem. I was afraid to anyway...
The next time, the exact same thing happened, except I was in Jack's arms, so I did not further injure myself. Stood up, bathroom, heading toward sink and then CRASH! After that, I was not permitted to stand up for a couple of days. They ran a battery of tests and they all came back normal/negative. The staff would come in and ask about my pain levels and to be honest, the only thing that hurt, was my face!
As a souvenier, I have a bashed face in the majority of my hosiptal photos and all of my Christmas photos. Who would have thought!.
Here's the three of us packing up to go home! This image does not look too bad....it took a couple couple of days for all the red, purple and yellow to set in. People would give me the strangest looks!

No comments:
Post a Comment