Shelby loooooves books and I loooove that Shelby looooooves book. For as energetic as she is, she will sit still and listen to Jack and I read her books for up to an hour. She. Loves. It. We read when we wake up each day and before bed every single night. Sometimes she uses books as a bedtime stall tactic, so we often have to balance bed time and squelching her desire but she loves sitting in the chair and reading books with mom and dad. On the weekend we'll read on and off all day long - sometimes she even says "Mama I do it," and she'll attempt to read to me. Adorable.
My favorite part? She has made her own names up for almost every book. Because she now likes to pick her own book, she has named them for her requests:
- Big One
- Cookie Monster
- Horse Book
- Fish Book
- Llama llama
- Pumpkin Prayer
- Bees
- Egg Book
- Cow book
- Brown Bear
- Daddy book
- Ittsy Spider
No comments:
Post a Comment