Monday, May 26, 2014

My Life in Fast Forward

Wow - what a month. May has been a humdinger....not in a bad way, but rather in a "where the heck does the time go," way.

For me, every weekend just zips by anyway, so when the weekends are jam-packed, time flies even faster. Each weekend this month was consumed by a major function..

Shelby's Birthday Party













Me leaving for a work trip/My mom arriving













Buying a New Car














Hosted Memorial Day BBQ


Phew. To some the above may not sounds like a lot, but for us/me - who has ZERO time during the week to get things done - May has been a busy month!

The most exciting news of all though is my big promotion! I am stoked. I love IGT and am grateful to be there and now, more so than ever! With the new title though does come new expectations and an entirely new job function too. I now manage internal communications. I am still wrapping my mind around that piece, but given the size of our company and given the fact that we have 65 offices around the globe - it's a lot of responsibility. That said, I welcome it. Openly, I wasn't expecting to be promoted so quickly, but it's nice to know that hard work and a good set of ethics will still get you ahead in life :)


No comments:

Post a Comment