Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Bye Bye Babbas

It's time. Bottles no more. It may surprise many of you that Shelby still even uses the bottle....it was time, however to pull the plug, or should I say nipple. The good news is, I think this has been hardest on me. You see, Shelby has used some sort of a sippy cup for months and months at school. I feel like she was 8 or 9 months (maybe younger) when they asked me to bring a soft-top cup. I still continued to give her a bottle for her warm milk however in the morning and at bed time. It was our quiet time. I would rock her, sing to her and for the longest time, she would just drift off to sleep in my arms. It was the one quiet, sweet 1-on-1 part of my day that I had with my sweet girl.

It was time though. I feared Shelby would go crazy, screaming for her bottle, refusing bedtime. Nope, not at all. She certainly isn't as keen to drink a cup of milk in my lap, but this is not the traumatic transition that I had envisioned, so for that I am grateful.

I will certainly miss my quiet milk moments - crazy to think they are gone forever:( The good news is, she really likes me to read to her books (the same ones over and over) so I am fairly certain those snuggles are mine to keep!



1 comment:

  1. We are gearing up to do the same thing - but I know P doesn't like milk out of a sippy... maybe she will go the way of my other two and not drink milk at all, but I doubt it. I am so glad the transition hasn't been traumatic :)

    ReplyDelete