Sunday, January 12, 2014

Adios 2013

Another one in the books. 2014 is here. Since this blog is pretty much one big Shelby highlight, I thought I would do a less Shelby-centric recap of 2013. Of course from the start to the finish of 2013. Shelby has blossomed from a baby to a toddler, but Jack and I have had some fun along the way too!

Highlights:
  • Summer vacation in Destin
  • Shelby's first birthday party
  • Starting my job at IGT
  • Hosting a wonderful Thanksgiving
  • Finally finding furniture for our dining room
  • Finishing our bedroom!
  • Jack's new giant smoker
  • Seeing the Broadway version of Wizard of Oz
  • Attending the Cirque Michael Jackson grand opening and whooping it up like the pre-Shelby days
 Lowlights:
  • Getting Hand Foot & Mouth - holy smokes that was bad
  • The tons of repairs required on my semi-new car
Work Trips:
  • Reno x2
  • Seattle, Washington
  • Hartford, Connecticut
  • San Diego, California
Small things in the house that add up to awesomeness:
  • Rack for the inside of our pantry
  • Baby proofing all our cupboards
  • Built-in organizers for our Tupperwards
  • Jack's thriving plant (I can't expand, I don't want to jinx it
  • Jack's amazing Craig's Listing skills
  • Staining the cement out front
On with the adventure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment