Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Say What?

I think the most exciting part of Shelby's development these days is her growing vocabulary. Of course I think she's fabulous because she's mine, but I swear, she says a lot for her age. She is a very good communicator and has even started stringing words together. I have not been doing her monthly updates since she turned a year, so it's about time I do a vocabulary update.

Words she says all the time:
  •  No
  • Mama
  • Dadda
  • Down
  • Mine
  • Night Night
  • Dog
  • More
  • No More
  • Bus
  • Bird
  • Moose
  • Nana (for Grandma)
  • How (for Howard)
  • Milk
  • Yellow 
  • Duck
  • Baby
  • Babas (for bottle)
  • Poop :)
  • Outside
  • Book
  •  Hi
  • Bye Bye
  • Foot
  • Eye
  • Up 
  • Duck
  • Bumbo (as it the bumble bee song)
  • Shoe
  • Ouch
  • Food
  • Banana
Words She Says Sometimes
  • Yes
  • Please
  • Dennis (our neighbor)
  • Shelby - I swear I hear it twice
  • Purple
  • Blue
  • Circle
  • Home
  • Help
I am sure I am missing some, but those are the ones that come to my mind. It's so fun to watch her language develop. Of course I am in awe. I am sure with child number 2, 3, etc language comes even more quickly. It's all impressive to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment