Thursday, August 11, 2016

Adios Helmet!

We made it! No more helmet! It first went on, on May 12 and it came off for good on August 11. That first night that I could rock Sienna and snuggle her fluffy head, rather than a plastic helmet, brought tears to my eyes. All the stares, plastic snuggles and sweat aside, it was SO WORTH IT.  She started with a head that was 18 mm from "perfect" and ended with one that is just 1 mm away. I documented some of her progress, but the photos do not do it justice - the helmet was a miracle. An expensive one, but a miracle nonetheless. My younger brother told me that she "looked like a Mayan" - I assure you that is no longer a fair comparison!

Starting photo:
Where we ended up (you'll notice the position of the cheek is even different:

 And lots of cute moments in between:





No comments:

Post a Comment