Saturday, August 22, 2015

Half Way

Yes, I am "over the hump" for pregnancy number two. One Tuesday I will be 22 weeks. I had my "20 Week Ultrasound" last week and baby girl (still a girl!) looks like she is doing great. She was measuring a little big (no surprise), but 10 fingers, 10 toes and all her organs are accounted for. My favorite part of the ultrasound? When the ultrasound tech commented "That's a good sized foot!" I am sure it is, it made me giggle. The baby weighs roughly a pound and I can feel her move around a lot - some days more than others.

This pregnancy has been similar in many ways and also  different in others.  I am still tired. VERY tired. No matter how many hours I sleep at night, I am completely gassed by the end of the day - sometimes even by mid-day. I don't like being tired and sluggish. I am not a tired person, in fact, I am known for boundless energy and taking on the world. Ya, not so much when making a baby!  Like last time, I have a hit-or-miss appetite. My blood sugar is low when I wake up and I am hungry as a bear by lunch time, but after that I could go with or without dinner and be just fine. I remember experiencing the same thing with Shelby. I consider this a plus, as it helps me keep my weight in check. I have not gained  any weight yet, but I am sure it's coming soon.

The differences? I don't have time think about being pregnant. Aside from the few early weeks when I was just praying to stay alive until the second trimester, time has gone by relatively quickly and I don't have time to think about it much. Last time around  I read every chapter of my pregnancy book and could tell you practically to the cell that Shelby was developing in a given week......this time - not so much. I also know that I will be fine without being perfect. I have not had the chance to "nest" mainly because I have  hardly had the energy, but I keep waiting for my burst of energy and inspiration - it is bound to come at some point!

Shelby is very excited about being a big sister. She often mentions things that big sisters do and do not do and calls her sister her "sissy." She suggests we name her sister Rosa, however Jack and I have not reached the same conclusion. We will use Shelby's old baby furniture in the nursery, but with a coral and aqua accents; should be cute!

Here's to you little one.....we all love you to the moon and back!!


No comments:

Post a Comment