Tumble Bus Birthday
Shelby loves her tumbling class so much that when we were thinking about what to do for her birthday, the choice was obvious.....a tumbling birthday! I first considered asking the gal who teaches her class to host the birthday, but then I heard about the "Tumble Bus." Even better. It's a large, gutted school bus that is full of tumbling equipment, that comes to you! More exciting, more novel and a more of a proven concept - parties are not party of the school instructor's typical routine.
I looked into the bus and it was available and the price was right, so we gave it a shot. It turned out to be perfect! No tears. No fights. No drama. All fun! The kids ranged from 3 to 7 and each one had a terrific time. They all stayed on the bus for the whole hour and I have to tell you, they were working away in there. I paid a few extra bucks so the "instructor" could broadcast the activity to the parents on the outside. We had a lovely warm, yet overcast day so the parents could observe from the grass and enjoy a cold beer or ice water.
At the conclusion of the activities, they had a medal ceremony where each kiddo received a gold medal and flexed their muscles on a podium. It was pretty cute.
In true birthday party fashion, after the main event we moved on the the park pavilion for pizza and cupcakes. Shelby was big on the cupcakes piece and she happened to select a big, rich chocolate-on-chocolate cupcake....even I was intimidated by it.
Shelby had such a great time that often during bed time she will ask me to do "Once upon a time..." and re-count her Tumble Bus birthday day. Precious. Happy Birthday Shelby Clare!
No comments:
Post a Comment