Saturday, September 20, 2014

Potty Trained!!

Depending on how you look at it, Shelby had either the fastest, or most drawn out potty training experience but either way - she did it.  By the end of July Miss Shelby Clare was rockin' the panties and never looked back.  Shelby was telling me "mama poop" when she was 14 months old and by 16 months old, was using the Elmo Potty. From there, it was hit or miss for a while. By about 23 months, I think Shelby was fully ready to be potty trained  - she would rip a wet diaper off half the time and/or just use the toilet in the first place. Additionally, every morning she held her pee and went #2 in the toilet too....but the school just wasn't ready and, honestly - I don't think it was convenient for her class (where all the other kids wore diapers), so they had us put panties over her pull ups.

Then....it was time for her to move to the next, potty trained class, and the school requested that we put her in panties and she'll "just get the idea." Did she ever. We had two days of accidents. Several accidents. That first day when I picked her up, she had soaked four outfits, sheets and a blankets, I thought "ummm I will never be able to keep up with this and she does not have enough clothes," and more importantly - Gross! I just pictured peeing all over herself and common areas all day. Awful! Day 2 was much of the same. Day 3 she had an accident before school at the house....and then magically came home dry from school! And then every day after that! The rest was history!

We are diaper free and proud. At night I still put her in a Pull Up. She is in a crib, drinks milk and/or water before bed and sleeps 11 hours - we're not there yet. Otherwise though, she had this whole potty thing nailed.

I can't lie, it's SO MUCH BETTER and we save about $60 a month on diapers. Now, we have to get over the jelly bean rewards that we initiated when we were starting this adventure.

So proud of my Shelby Pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment