Thursday, February 14, 2013

Baby Blanket

I think just about every baby has their one special baby blanket. The one that makes it into bed, well into the toddler years and sometimes beyond. I remember my favorite blanket as a kid and Jack still has scraps of his.

It wasn't really intentional, but Shelby definitely has HER special blanket already. You see, when she started school I sent her with a crib sheet and a swaddling blanket. At the time, I was still swaddling her for long naps and at night so I sent the most random of her blankets,  thinking that if something happens to it at school, it's not a big deal.

Well, a couple of weeks ago Shelby's teacher sent me the below photo. She says Shelby loves her blanket so much and will crawl over to the cubby to hug it and bury her little face in it. Then a couple of days later I was folding laundry and she spotted her blanket and made a b-line to it. I had to wrestle her for it.

I have a different blanket that I think of as her baby blanket at home, but I have a feeling that Shelby's heart belongs to this one! I am sure the facts that it is super colorful makes it even easier for her to spot from far away.





Play time on the ground.

Her 1st nap at school on her big girl mat (notice nice pool of drool!)

Her 1st day of school, all swaddled up.




3 comments:

  1. My kids definitely have their favorite blankets - and they still use them at 5 and 3. :) I am surprised/impressed that she will stay on that mat at school for naps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! She is so sweet!! Time to start looking for a backup blanket!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not even think about a backup! Good point!

    And Shannon - I am impressed about the mat too....I swear, she is a whole different baby at day care!

    ReplyDelete